Compact course on topics in viscous flows
Dates : 10 - 17 July, 2017 Venue : TIFR Center for Applicable Mathematics, Bangalore
Šárka Nečasová is Head of the Department of Evolution DEs and Researcher in the Institute of Mathematics, Czech Academy of Sciences of the Czech Rep., Prague. She is a renowned expert in the mathematical theory of compressible fluid dynamics and fluid-structure interaction problems. She is a recipient of the Wichterle Prize (2003) awarded by the Academy of Science of the Czech Republic for young researches. She is the author/co-authors of more than 129 papers and several larger synthetic works (chapters in encyclopaedias) and one book.
Topics of lectures
- Viscous compressible Navier-Stokes-(Fourier) system coupled to the radiative transfer equation
- Motion of viscous compressible fluids in time dependent domains
- Motion of rigid body in viscous fluid
- 10th-14th July, 2017 and 17th July, 2017
- Lecture 1 : 10:00am to 11:00am
- Lecture 2 : 11:30am to 12:30pm
Who can apply ?
The course is aimed towards PhD students, postdocs and faculty who are working in the areas of PDE and its applications in fluid dynamics. The course will be at an advanced theoretical level and the participants will be expected to have basic knowledge in Sobolev Spaces, Functional Analysis and PDE.
A limited number of selected participants will be paid train fare and boarding/lodging during the period of the course.
How to apply ?
Please send a detailed CV which explains your research areas and how it is relevant to this compact course. In addition, if you are a student, please ask your advisor to send a recommendation letter to email@example.com before the deadline.
Deadline for application
30 April, 2017
Announcement of selected participants
2 May, 2017
- Mythily Ramaswamy
- Praveen Chandrashekar
- TIFR Centre for Applicable Mathematics, Bangalore
- Airbus Chair on Mathematics of Complex Systems, TIFR-CAM, Bangalore